Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Are they retarded?

My mom went to Illinois a couple weeks ago. She has volunteered to take my niece and nephew for the summer so that my sister can go to school full time, and work full time without having to worry about her kids. She arrived back in town on a Thursday. I called her on Saturday. She said, "OHH...I am exhausted watching these kids! How long have they been here? When are you going to come and get them so they can visit you?"

I chuckle to myself. "Ummm...they've been here for 2 days mom. Would you like me to get them tomorrow, and I will keep them for a week?"


"YES, I'll get them packed", she replied.


I picked up the two lil precious ones. My niece was crying before we even took off. She didn't like the fact that I told her not to whine to me about sharing. Ughhh..this is going to be a L-O-N-G week!!! She even said she wanted to stay with grandma! LOL I promptly told her that she has the coolest aunt in the world, and she will be begging to stay with me, heck....probably to even move in with me.


On Monday morning I got out some of my kids paints, crayons, and basically art supplies. I have my own business, so while I was working in the office they were playing quietly painting and what not. I should have known it was TOO quiet! I walk outside to check on them and they are covered head to toe with green paint! OH WOW! I need to pay attention to these two a lil bit closer! I told them to get inside and clean up! I should have went in to help! When I went into the bathroom an hour later....my bathroom looked like green aliens. My scale, brush, toothbrush, counters, walls, toilet and mirrors were all covered in green!!! Dang! I think these kids need naps!!!! ( I wish it was that simple!) The next day I decided to take them swimming. Now living in Ca I probably don't realize that not everyone swims. I know that they are not strong swimmers so we discussed the deep end of the pool and the shallow end. We hadn't even fiinished this conversation for one minute and my niece jumps into the deep end!!! What the heck!!! I jump in fully clothed after her!!!! After pulling her out I asked, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???". I wasn't too nice about it. She started crying and told me she knows how to swim. YA RIGHT! So about 5 minutes later my daughter said, "mommy...look". She pointed in the water. My nephew is under!!! I really can't believe these kids. I jumped in and got him. I then texted my sister, "Are your kids retarded? They both have jumped into the deep end when I specifically told them to stay in the shallow end of the pool". She just laughed. (At least she wasn't offended!)

I took them swimming once more during the week, ONLY AFTER I went and got them arm floaties. My niece was tired of them by the middle of swimming . She kept asking me if she could take them off because she had mastered swimming. "Ya right! What are you, retarded?"

1 comment:

  1. That would scare me so much if a nephew was under water! That was so sweet of you to jump in with your clothes on!

    ReplyDelete