Monday, April 27, 2009

Dance class



Have you ever wanted to crawl into a hole when one of your children repeat what you have said?? And even worse.......they repeat it to the person you were talking about????

One day my sister called. She asked if I wanted to accompany her to a pole dancing class. My first thoughts were, "I should go just for the comedy factor". I told her to get me the details, and I would meet her there!

I then called my mom! "Mom, my sister is going to a pole dancing class. She has a few friends who have gotten really strong stomach muscles taking these classes, and even better....I'm gonna watch her dance!!!! Have you ever seen HER dance?? That should be funny itself!!"

My poor sister was born with white-woman feet. She's definitely rhythmically challenged!!! So....I was gonna go!

Unfortunately my sister didn't get me the direction in time. So I stayed home that night. The following Sunday we were at my parents' for a family function. My daughter says to my sister, "How was your dancing class? My mommy says you are an awful dancer!" .......I sucked in my breath. Crap! Did I actually say that?? And what the heck is my girlfriend telling my sister for!!!!

"Girlfriend", I tell my daughter, "I said your auntie is 'rhythmically challenged, I didn't say she was an awful dancer"

"Yes you did mommy", says my girlfriend.

"Ummm...no I didn't."

Thankfully, her brother comes to the rescue and repeats what I said. Whew!!! Homeboy has my back!!!!

My sister then turns to my girlfriend and says, "It's ok. I know I'm not a good dancer. And ya know what? Some of the women asked me to go dance somewhere else...cuz my dancing was throwing them offbeat. They were too busy watching me and my 2 left feet".

LOL..I was saved. I told you she has two left feet! :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope your sister is still your BFF after this post. I'm proud of her for being brave enough to take the class. Pole dancing is a no can do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was berlesque and Ebony said I did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for your latest and greatest. You've been too busy, I'm sure. Some of us have too much time on our hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom you did say that she sucked!!!!

    ReplyDelete