Monday, August 10, 2009

I hate goodbyes :(


This summer we got the extra special treat to have my niece and nephew here from Illinois. They've been here 3 WHOLE months. They say the funniest things, do the nerdiest things, and are so darn cute...all the while getting on everyone's nerves. We had the opportunity to get to know them better as we've only spent a week at a time every few years together.

Today was our last outing together. They go home tomorrow. We went to Raging Waters. My mom and sisters and nieces and nephews all went. The day was a blast! We got there early and hit the rides then after lunch laid around in the Lazy River. This was a good way to say goodbye as I would get in my cars with my kids and leave, and not be left to be crying at the airport. I hate goodbyes. I know we will see them again, but it's always so sad.

My niece has been crying for a few days. She keeps telling my sister, "Mommy, I don't want to go home. I was born to be here in California." She LOVES it here! She loves the beach, and the sun. She loves playing with all her cousins and bbq'ing in the summer. She is leaving California with a true sense of family. My sister lives in Illinois and they have no family there. We tell her to come back, but at this point it's her home. :(

As I was leaving today. I hugged my lil nephew. I told him, "I love you Ace. Don't forget us". He goofed around and gave us a kiss and hug.

But as I was walking away...he yelled to my son, his cousin..."Hey Maxie....I love you...and I won't ever forget you." My heart broke and I choked back the tears.

We love you too Ascelin!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How can we get them to move back to Cali.? You're so wonderful, and I'm sure this summer will always be unforgettable for the two of them.

    ReplyDelete