Friday, October 2, 2009

Mother of the Year.....NOT


Every year as school starts for the kids, I have a running joke with my BFF, that I am going to be the "Mom of the Year". My kids are going to get to school on time, they are going to do all their homework, and they will never call me at lunch time to tell me I forgot to bring them a lunch(when I was too lazy to get up in the morning and make them one in the first place).

I was at Michaels the other day perusing the $1 section and found these cute lil love notes that you put in your kids lunches. I picked up a couple packets and threw them in my purse. (I wanted it to be a secret for the kids, as I was working on "Mom of the Year") So...as many things go forgotten at the bottom of my purse, this did too.

This last Monday I was making my daughter's lunch. I saw her come in and I was horrified to see girlfriend putting a love note in her own lunch! I asked her, "Where did you get those?"

She replied, "At the bottom of your purse. I've been putting these in my lunches everyday. I tell the kids its from you!!! Don't worry mom, I bring them home so we can reuse them. That's recycling you know," and she winks at me!

So much for "Mother of the Year"......

3 comments:

  1. Oh gracious! Moms have so much on their plates. Your girlfriend is a crack-up! I can totally picture her saying, " 'That's recycling you know.'" She's the very best, and so are you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny girl. Funny and corny. What mom has time to fill out these notes all the time. I love how your kids just take matters into their own hands! Tracie

    ReplyDelete